The VMS-A (variable message sign) now incorporates radar, with all the features of our standard VMS-A, which is used across various industries including highways, construction, events, airports and ports, incorporating radar expands upon its functionality across a range of applications and provides additional benefits.
The top five benefits of radar enabled VMS-A:
- Speed Specific Messaging – a default message can be set on the sign, for example “Please drive carefully through road works”, if a vehicle exceeds the set speed the message can be overridden with a speed roundel, enabling the sign to be multifunctional and cutting down on road side clutter.
- Speed detection – the signs can be set to display the speed of approaching vehicles, alerting drivers of their speed and advising them to slow down.
- A simple thank you – as well as informing oncoming vehicles if they are exceeding the speed limit, it can also display a message or pictogram thanking drivers who are adhering to the set speed limit, encouraging them to continue to drive safely.
- Data collection – the radar can also provide vehicle logs, recording time, date and speed of vehicles.
- Environmentally friendly – top of most business agendas is their carbon footprint, our already solar powered, low power consuming LEDs mean that the VMS-A is an environmentally friendly choice, add to that radar, where there’s an option to only show the message when a vehicle is detected, and the power consumption is reduced much further. This function also means unnecessary light pollution is reduced, which can be a real factor in residential areas.
If you would like to find out more about how the VMS-A with radar could work for your next project, please contact the Bartco team on +44 (0) 3300 080 366 or email email@example.com